The 2nd Annual Shoreline Gluten Free Conference - "Beyond Gluten Intolernace: healing the mind, body, and spirit" is next Saturday, April 17th from 10AM - 3PM at the Saybrook Point Pavilion.
Have you registered yet? RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions for submitting your payment prior to the event.
- Mike Nuzzio from Agrande Pizza in Clinton suggested this company Diet Specialties, Waterbury, CT, 1-888-640-2800- they make both low-protein and gluten free foods! And the packages have nutritional labelling! Let us know how the food is if you give it a try!
- A member was very impressed with the pizza from Conte Pasta - have you tried it? What did you think?
- The New Haven Advocate recently did three articles on being GF in CT: "Gluten and You", "Gluten Free CT", and "Thanks, God: Reuniting with Pizza"
- An interesting article about the link between gluten and neurological disorders
- NY Times also recently did a piece on celiac vs. gluten insensitivity
- The Boston Globe reported that King Arthur Flour is launching a GF product line!
- Another medical article about the connection between reflux and food allergies, especially in childrn
- Product Recall: Please check your shelves for a package of GLUTEN FREE NATURALS PANCAKE MIX!! Go to the website, www.gfnfoods.com and check to see if your package is on the list for possible contamination from salmonella. You may also call: 866-761-6147 and speak to them personally. They will replace your package as soon as shipments are ready. The problem concerns a soy flour distributor whom they are no longer using.This is the only product in the line so affected.
- GF Chef Rob Landolphi was recently featured in an article by the Hartford Currant - it includes two of his recipes from his fantastic cookbook!
- DePuma's Gluten Free Cavatelli and Spinach Ravioli are now available at Georgie's Diner in West Haven, CT! Georgie's offers gluten free and vegan entree options. Check them out and ask for DePuma's GF pasta! Georgie's Diner, 427 Elm Street, West Haven, CT 06516
- Have you been to a Pei Wei? It is an absolutely brilliant, reasonably priced spin-off of PF Changs with a number of GF options - if you are traveling, check out their locations list and definitely give it a try!